TOPIC : WHY IS LIGHT THE BELIEVER’S ARMORY?
Scripture :Habakkuk 3: 4. And his brightness was as the light; he had horns coming out of his hand: and there was the hiding of his power.
Beloved, I welcome you to another Moment of Daily Encounter! Previously we established that light is believers armory!
Today, we shall briefly answer the question what is it that made light the believers armory.
Why is light the believers armory?
From our anchor scripture :
Habakkuk 3: 4. And his brightness was as the light; he had horns coming out of his hand: and there was the hiding of his power.
We discovered that God’s power is hidden in light!
This implies that the power of God is hidden in light. And if armory is a place where weapons are kept, it is therefore safe to say that light is the believers armory.
What is it that made light the believers armory?
It is the power to succeed as a believer. The power to live an overcomer’s life, the power for a victorious Christian life.
What power is it that hides in the light?
A case study of Apostle Paul ( Acts 9)
1. It is the power that saved:
A close look at the story of the Apostle Paul who was formally know as Saul of Tarsus reveals to us the power the power that is inherent in light! He was once a persecutor of the church of Jesus. He even received a letter to go and arrest and destroy the people of God in Damascus when he encounter God on his way to Damascus. His encounter with with God was an encounter with light!
Beloved, have you experience the light from heaven? Has the power of the glorious gospel flood your soul? Are you born again? The answer to this questions is the foundation of your victorious life as a believer.
2. It has the power that blind from mundane things and the things of this world. The Bible said Saul was blinded by the light on his way to Damascus:Acts 9: 4. And he fell to the earth, and heard a voice saying unto him, Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me? 8. And Saul arose from the earth; and when his eyes were opened, he saw no man: but they led him by the hand, and brought him into Damascus.
Here was the leader becoming the led! Now that he is blind to those things that use to shack him, he is now willing to be led. No wonder he said :
Philippians 3: 7. But what things were gain to me, those I counted loss for Christ. 8. Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ,
Beloved, until you encounter light from heaven the pursuit of earthly and mundane things continue! The day you encounter light, that is the day your change of priorities begins. Light from heaven has the power to change your priorities for living.
Until you encounter light you might be bragging with your present results, academic attainment or financial stand. But the moment you encounter the light of God, you will understand that those things you thought was achievement were nothing but waste(dung)!
3. The power of light has the power to humble any man; another thing we noticed about Saul of Tarsus was he became humble, his pride died.:
Acts 9: 4. And he fell to the earth, and heard a voice saying unto him, Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me?
What he once pride himself in before, shrink as the light from heaven sweep over his soul! This was his own testimony;
Philippians 3: 5. Circumcised the eighth day, of the stock of Israel, of the tribe of Benjamin, an Hebrew of the Hebrews; as touching the law, a Pharisee;
But light from heaven humble him! Beloved, if what you desire is humility then permit the light of God .
Remember this : Heaven is real and hell is real ! The way to hell is rejection of Jesus. Give your heart to Christ today.
Prayer points :
– Father thank you for your word to me today.
– Lord I desire sincere encounter with you like Paul in the name of Jesus.
Prophetic Declaration :
– I prophesy an encounter with light that will birth a turnaround story in the name of Jesus.
– May you encounter the transforming power of light this season in the name of Jesus.
Assignment : Do a soul searching for yourself, is there any area darkness is still reigning in your life? And pursue light until it flood your soul.
From your brother Alex,
God bless you.