The value and goodness of Thanksgiving – Dr Paul Enenche
Psalm 92: 1-2
It is a good thing to give thanks unto the Lord, and to sing praises unto thy name, O Most High:
To shew forth thy lovingkindness in the morning, and thy faithfulness every night,
1. Thanksgiving recognises the insufficiency of man and the all-sufficiency of God.
When you give thanks you are simply telling God that you know without him you can do nothing, but with him you can do all things.
Only a proud man will not give thanks
2. Thanksgiving recognises the sovereignty of God.
The sovereignty of God means that God is in charge. When you recognise the One who is in control, nothing can get out of control.
When you give thanks, you are simply telling God you recognize he was the one who handles the situation
3. Thanksgiving recognises God as the source of all good things.
James 1:17 KJV
Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning.
God is the giver of blessings, the devil has no good thing to offer.
You give thanks to God as a symbol of gratitude for the gifts God has given to you.
If you can recognise the source, you will never lack resources
4. Thanksgiving establishes his blessings and mercies already received.
When you give thanks, you place a seal on the blessings already received, no devil will be able to tamper with it.
Thanksgiving establishes his mercy and blessings already received.
5. Thanksgiving activates the release of blessings and mercies that are yet to come. When you give God thanks, you’re reminding him of things he has not yet done and that activates the process. It activates the release of blessings and mercies that are yet to come.
Giving thanks before receiving a blessing makes it come even faster because you are telling God you believe he is able to do what you request for.
1. Father, thank you for a brand new day, thank you for the explosion of your presence, power and principles at the healing and Deliverance service of yesterday, Lord in Jesus name. Psalm 105 verse 1-2
2. Father, we thank you for bringing us thus far in the year. Thank you for all the testimonies experienced so far, to you alone be all the glory in Jesus name. Psalm 103 verse 1-2
3. Father, we ask that today will not end until every of your purpose, plan and expectation for your people for this month be fulfilled, Lord in Jesus name. Jeremiah 29:11
4. Father, we ask that you will overrun Nigeria with the flood of revival and dethrone the rule and the reign of evil in our land Lord in Jesus name. Let the darkness pursue the enemies of our land into oblivion and obscurity, Lord in Jesus name. Nahum 1:8
5. Father, we set every altar of destruction, violence, wickedness, bloodshed and wastage of lives and properties in Nigeria in this season on fire in Jesus’ name. Jeremiah 51:25
6. Father, I recognize your all-sufficiency in my life; I recognize your sovereignty in my life; I recognize you as the source of everything in my life; father I thank you for the establishment of the things you have already done in my life. Father, I thank you for the release of things that are yet to come. I receive them Lord.
Establish everything in your heart that you want to ask the lord for.
You might ask him, Lord this month cannot end until everything you have in mind for me comes to pass.
I look up to you between now and 12 midnight for divine intervention, speedy releases, speedy manifestations. I receive the graces and mantles designed for this month.