TOPIC: SCRIPTURAL PRINCIPLES OF GETTING ANSWERS TO PRAYERS
Scripture: Mark 11: 25. And when ye stand praying, forgive, if ye have ought against any: that your Father also which is in heaven may forgive you your trespasses.
Beloved,, I welcome you to another Moment of Daily Encounter! Yesterday, we established that the if we must pray to get answers to our prayers, it must be done based on the word of God because the word of God determine the boundaries of God commitment to us. It is loaded with principles, promises and prophecies. Today, we shall be considering some principles of getting answers to our prayer.
What are the principles that guarantees results when you pray?
1. Define what you want before you begin to pray: Do you want to pray just to minister to the Lord or you want to pray for intercession or you want to pray for supplication define it. If you are making request determine exactly what you want before you begins to pray. It is worrisome that some believers storm heaven with a cry of prayer without any definite request! If you begins to pray without definite prayer request, the only answer you will receive is, ‘what exactly do you want?’
A good example is blind Bartimaeus (Mark 10: 46-52). He was praying for Jesus to have mercy on him without being specific in his request. All the shouting only attracted the attention of Jesus and then came the need for specificity, “what do you want?”:
Mark 10: 51. And Jesus answered and said unto him, What wilt thou that I should do unto thee? The blind man said unto him, Lord, that I might receive my sight.
It was at this point that he got what he wanted! Beloved, let’s learn to be specific in our request.
2. Look up for scriptures that cover the specific request you are about to tender to God. If you can find it either a promise of a prophecy from the scripture that covers your request, then be rest assured that it is a done deal.
This is why, God said:
Isaiah 41: 21. Produce your cause, saith the LORD; bring forth your strong reasons, saith the King of Jacob.*
You bring forth your strong reasons when you are able to get the scriptures that cover your request because the word is the boundaries of God commitment to us. He is eternally committed to His word.
3. When the two items mentioned above is ready then you can now proceed to prayer proper. Your prayer should begin with adoration before making your request.
Philippians 4: 6. Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.
Please understand that praying is an opportunity given to you by God to verbalize your needs to Him. Don’t assume He knows! Yes God knows what you want, He is aware of all your challenges yet He is waiting for you to ask in prayer because that is His modus operandi.
Jesus taught us to pray by opening our mouths when He said:
Mark 11: 23. For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith.
Observe closely the word “say” and “saith” in the above scripture connotes you opening your mouth to say something about the issues of concern! So if you don’t say something don’t expect anything. Your results are determined by what you say! This is why we say a closed mouth is a closed destiny.
4. Pray with faith; Every believers has faith though in a measure (Rom.12;3). So deploy your faith no matter how small it is and it will receive heaven’s attention;
Mark 11: 24. Therefore I say unto you, What things so ever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them.
5. Get rid of offense by all means! It doesn’t matter whether the person is your spouse or your parents, offence will stop your prayers from being answers. Jesus further said:
Mark 11: 25. And when ye stand praying, forgive, if ye have ought against any: that your Father also which is in heaven may forgive you your trespasses.*
The matter of past offence will certainly spring up in your mind and the easy way out is to forgive the offender. To hold on to any possible offence is to block the answers to your prayer.
6. Pray passionately to the father in the name of Jesus.
Remember this; Heaven is real and hell is real! Pains agony and regrets awaits every soul that denies Jesus’ sacrificial death on the cross. Give your heart to Jesus today.
– Father thank you for your word to me today.
– Father help me to do the needful while praying to get results in Jesus name.
– I declare your season of celebration cometh!
– I declare Supernatural restoration is your portion this year in the name of Jesus.
Assignment: Get Bible references on the subject you want to pray about before you start praying.
From your brother Alex
God bless you.