Skip to content
TOPIC: THE TITHE – YOUR INSURANCE COVER
Scripture: Malachi 3: 10. Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the LORD of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it.
Beloved, I welcome you to another Moment of Daily Encounter! We have discussed extensively on various kinds of seeds.
However, there is one that is termed insurance cover because it covers up every other things and it is called the Tithe.
Today, we shall be looking at the Tithe your insurance cover.
The tithe is the most debatable topic amongst Christians !
Two facts I want to quickly submit to you about tithe is that:
1. The tithe is a debt! Hence, you pay your tithe and give your offerings!
2. It existed before the law! So the idea that it should be thrown away because we are not under the law should be discarded.
What is the Tithe?
1. It is God’s portion in every man’s blessing.
Leviticus 27: 30. And all the tithe of the land, whether of the seed of the land, or of the fruit of the tree, is the LORD’s: it is holy unto the LORD.
So anytime God bless you, there is a portion for the Lord, and this portion is calculated as one tenth or ten per cent of every thing God gives to you per time.
2. Your tithe is the insurance premium paid to God for insuring your blessings on earth.
3. Your tithe is a recognition of the fact that your source is God, and in releasing it back to Him, you show you recognize your source.
The tithe that began as fruits and seeds proceed from agricultural activities;
Deuteronomy 14: 22. Thou shalt truly tithe all the increase of thy seed, that the field bringeth forth year by year.
It is now being paid by cash or legal tender, which is an easiest means of exchange and portability (Deut.14:22-28).
Please note that irrespective of where the tithe is paid either in cash or goods, it is God you are paying to and not man. The man standing in the office of a priest only received it on behalf of Jesus.
Hebrews 7: 8. And here men that die receive tithes; but there he receiveth them, of whom it is witnessed that he liveth.
The tithe has the following prophetic benefits:
1. It opens the window of heaven (Mal.3:10)
2. It provokes the outpouring of the blessing (Mal.3:10)
3. It rebuked devourer(wastage) (Mal.3: 11)
4. It forbid destruction of your investment (Mal.3:11)
5. Your harvest is preserved (Mal.3:11)
6. It makes all nations call you blessed (Mal.3: 12)
7. It turns you to a delightsome land (Mal.3:12).
From our anchor scripture comes the instruction “bring ye all the tithe”! Which means any form of blessing is meant to be tithe.
Some only pay tithe of monthly salary, and that’s all. It simply means every other time something enters into their hands, they will not pay tithe, forgetting that your tithe is part of the covenant that you have agreed to enter with God for your prosperity. Jacob made his own covenant when he said:
Genesis 28: 22. And this stone, which I have set for a pillar, shall be God’s house: and of all that thou shalt give me I will surely give the tenth unto thee.
So your tithe is an agreement with God to give one tenth of all that God shall bless you with, not some! It is when we obey the scripture completely that we will enjoy the fullness of the prosperity package.
The second instructions is to bring it to my store house! Some have interpreted the store house to be widows and orphans while supporting their assertion with Deut.26:12)!
That scripture speaks of special tithe that is made every three three years! Meanwhile, our focus here is not the special tithe you give every three three years but the fulfilment of your covenant obligation to God on a regular basis! Meanwhile, the distribution to the less privilege is not the duty of the the tither to decide.
That is absolutely the job description of the priest(Neh. 10:38). Your part is to obey scripture by bringing your tithe to God’s storehouse! And your storehouse is where you receive your spiritual nourishment. A place that is committed to Kingdom assignments.
In paying your tithe, ensure you say something to your tithe before releasing it as your mark of obedience
In conclusion, your tithe is your insurance cover against devourer, the key to open heaven so that there can be rain upon every other seeds you are sowing.
Remember this: Heaven is real, and hell is real. The decision to spend eternity with God begins now, give your heart to Jesus today.
– Father thank you for your word to me today.
– Lord I received grace to pay my tithe regularly and completely in Jesus name.
– I prophesy every devourer that has been causing you wastage is hereby arrested as you obey the scripture in the name of Jesus.
– Every evil hands holding your wealth and your riches release them now in the name of Jesus.
Assignment: Determine to pay all your tithes not some! And if you are robbing your your self for not paying at all, stop it today.
From your brother Alex
God bless you.