Nigerian Army Launches 86th Regular Recruits Intake: A Comprehensive Guide
The Nigerian Army recently announced the commencement of the 86th Regular Recruits Intake, offering opportunities for both tradesmen and women, as well as non-tradesmen and women to join their ranks. This article aims to provide a detailed and well-documented guide for potential recruits who are interested in being part of this esteemed institution.
Online Registration: The Nigerian Army Headquarters officially unveiled the recruitment drive via a publication in “The PUNCH” on Monday. They have opened up online registration for the 86th Regular Recruits Intake, which began on September 25 and is set to conclude on October 27, 2023.
State Recruitment Schedule: Following the online registration, selected candidates will undergo a state recruitment process scheduled for November 6th to November 19th, 2023. It’s crucial to be well-prepared for this stage of the recruitment process, and the following steps will guide you through the application process.
Step-by-Step Application Guide:
- Visit the official recruitment portal: http://recruitment.army.mil.ng.
- Log in using your provided username and password.
- Complete the application form, submit it online, and make sure to print a copy. Additionally, print and fill out the Guarantor’s form as required.
- Present duly signed copies of the application and guarantor’s forms at the designated state recruitment centers.
Eligibility Criteria: The Nigerian Army has established specific eligibility criteria for prospective recruits, which include the following requirements:
- Citizenship and Age:
- Applicants must be Nigerian citizens by birth.
- Candidates should be single.
- Non-tradesmen and women must be between 18 and 22 years old, while tradesmen and women should not exceed 26 years as of December 18, 2023.
- Educational Qualifications:
- Aspiring recruits should possess at least four passes in not more than two sittings in WASCE/GCE/NECO/NABTEB.
- Tradesmen and women must also have a Trade Test/City Guild Certificate.
- Physical Requirements:
- Height requirements dictate that male candidates must be no less than 1.68 meters tall, while female candidates must be at least 1.65 meters tall.
- Candidates should be medically, physically, and psychologically fit according to Nigerian Army standards.
- A valid birth certificate or age declaration endorsed by the National Population Commission, Hospital, or Local Government Council is essential.
- A valid state of origin document is also required.
- Additional Opportunities:
- Registered Nurses and Midwives under the age of 30 are encouraged to apply.
Conclusion: The 86th Regular Recruits Intake by the Nigerian Army is a promising opportunity for individuals looking to serve their country. This comprehensive guide outlines the application process, eligibility criteria, and important dates to ensure that candidates are well-prepared to embark on this exciting journey. If you meet the specified criteria and aspire to contribute to the Nigerian Army’s mission, now is the time to take the first step and complete your application. Good luck to all prospective recruits!