TOPIC: HOW GOD PROSPER HIS CHILDREN IN HARD TIMES
Scripture: Genesis 26: 2. And the LORD appeared unto him, and said, Go not down into Egypt; dwell in the land which I shall tell thee of:
Beloved, I welcome you to another Moment of Daily Encounter! Previously, we established that God desires His children to prosper even in hard times!
Today, we shall begin to examine how God prosper His children in hard times as we examine the life of Isaac, who prosper during difficult times.
Isaac was the son of Abraham, who is already in covenant with God of heaven. And Isaac was living in Gera in the land of Philistines.
The following were Isaac pathway to prosperity:
1. Divine Direction: Divine Direction is the leading or guidance of the Almighty God in the life of a man or woman in a particular area of need per time. It is God taking your hands and leading you in the right ways you are to follow to arrive at your glorious destiny.
This was what Isaac enjoyed, which led him to prosper even though it was hard times in Gera, the land of Philistines. The Bible said:
Genesis 26: 2. And the LORD appeared unto him, and said, Go not down into Egypt; dwell in the land which I shall tell thee of:
Isaac intended to move from the land of Philistines to Egypt, but God came and stopped that ambition and then informed Him what to do next.
Just like some of us in Nigeria are eager to travel abroad now because of the present economic situation in our nation!
Beloved, before you travel abroad, be sure God is the one leading you because it is not every one that will prosper by travelling abroad.
Even though going abroad is a good thing!
Don’t go without God leading you there! When God is directing you, the particular country to travel to will not be in doubt, and even the city to stay in that country, God will lead you there.
Why should you allow God to lead you?
1. Your prosperity is tied to God’s leading; It will amaze you that there are several children of God who are doing business that they were not ordained to do, working in an organisation they were not supposed to, living in a town they were not supposed, fellowshiping in a church they were not supposed to and you wonder while their lives is lace with myriads of problems, confusions, frustration and stagnation. And finally grounded in poverty. When God leadership is out of a man’s life, struggle, hardship, and poverty are inevitable. If we must not suffer like the rest of the world during this difficult economic situation, then God must lead us.
The Bible said concerning the nation of Israel;
Deuteronomy 32: 12. So the LORD alone did lead him, and there was no strange god with him. 13. He made him ride on the high places of the earth, that he might eat the increase of the fields; and he made him to suck honey out of the rock, and oil out of the flinty rock;
The Psalmist has this to say:
Psalm 23: 1. The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.
Observed from the above scripture, if God must be your shepherd, then you must be willing to be a sheep!
How then do you become a sheep?
1. You must be born again (Jn. 3:3)
2. You must submit your self to the word of God for transformation to take place. Jesus said:
Matthew 11: 29. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.
3. You must be willing to surrender your life absolutely to God! Some have surrender a segment of their life but are not willing to surrender all. Your totality must be surrender beginning with your ambition, your will etc
Remember this: Heaven is real and hell is real. Eternity beyond this world is certain get ready for where to spend eternity by being born again.
– Father thank you for your word to me today.
– Lord, I obtain grace to receive divine direction in the name of Jesus.
– I prophesy the release of divine Direction in the name of Jesus.
– I declare let the yoke of stagnation be broken now in the name of Jesus. And begin to make progress from today in Jesus’ mighty name.
Assignment : Make up your mind to begin to hear from God from today
From your brother Alex
God bless you.