TOPIC: HOW GOD PROSPER HIS CHILDREN IN HARD TIMES (PART 2)
Scripture: Genesis 26: 3. Sojourn in this land, and I will be with thee, and will bless thee; for unto thee, and unto thy seed, I will give all these countries, and I will perform the oath which I sware unto Abraham thy father
Beloved, I welcome you to another Moment of Daily Encounter! Previously, we established that God desires His children to prosper even in hard times!
Today, we shall continue to examine how God prosper His children in hard times as we examine the life of Isaac, who prosper during difficult times.
Isaac was the son of Abraham, was prosperous in Gera, the land of Philistines because of the following:
1. Divine Direction: Divine Direction is the leading or guidance of the Almighty God in the life of a man (Gen. 26: 2). (For details of this check our previous edition)
2. The presence of God: The second thing we observed from the story of Isaac was avalanche of the presence of God. This is notice in our opening scripture:
Genesis 26: 3. Sojourn in this land, and I will be with thee,…..
Observed the clause ‘I will be with thee ‘! Meaning God is going to be with him in all he does and every where he turns. This is what we call the presence of God.
Please understand that the presence of God is in three forms:
1. Omnipresence(Ps.139:6-12): This speaks of the presence of God every where ! God is present every where but His presence is not felt everywhere. That takes us to the second forms.
2. The manifests presence of God (Exo.3:1-5): This is also called the Shekina glory of God! It is the feelable, palpable presence of God. Moses enjoyed this dimension of the presence of God hence he could said:
Exodus 33: 15. And he said unto him, If thy presence go not with me, carry us not up hence.
However, this manifests presence of God must be cultivated through fellowship; singing, worshipping, prayer, studying the word, etc
3. The abiding presence of God (1Jn.4:13): This is the presence of God that abides with every born again child of God. If you are born again, then Emmanuel meaning God with us is living inside you.
The advantages of the presence of God includes:
1. Divine preservation
Psalm 105: 13. When they went from one nation to another, from one kingdom to another people; 14. He suffered no man to do them wrong: yea, he reproved kings for their sakes; 15. Saying, Touch not mine anointed, and do my prophets no harm.
2. Divine protection (Ps.91-4-13)
3. Progression /advancement (Gen.26: 13)
4. Abundance (Gen.26:14)
5. Prosperity is guaranteed (Deut.32:12-14)
Beloved, if you must succeed in that carreer you are about entering now, then allow God ‘s presence to go with you. In the case of Isaac, it was obvious that God was really with him.
The Bible said:
Genesis 26: 28. And they said, We saw certainly that the LORD was with thee: and we said, Let there be now an oath betwixt us, even betwixt us and thee, and let us make a covenant with thee;
So, they saw it, that God was with him, so they have to chase him out of their city.
Yet , the new area he occupied, God was still with him manifesting His presence. Just like Joseph, in Potiphar’s house as a slave God was with him:
Genesis 39: 2. And the LORD was with Joseph, and he was a prosperous man; and he was in the house of his master the Egyptian.
Also in prison, God was with Joseph:
Genesis 39: 21. But the LORD was with Joseph, and shewed him mercy, and gave him favour in the sight of the keeper of the prison.
Beloved, in whatever way ensures the presence of God is with you, that is what guarantees favour upon you and your business.
Remember this: Heaven is real and hell is real. Eternity beyond this world is certain! How prepared are you? Give your heart to Jesus today.
– Father thank you for your word to me today.
– Lord, I ask for grace to cultivate your Shekina glory in my life in the name of Jesus.
– I prophesy the release of the presence of God that guarantees rest in the name of Jesus.
– I declare let the yoke of stagnation be broken now in the name of Jesus. And begin to make progress from today in Jesus’ mighty name.
Assignment: Do all you can to cultivate the manifests presence of God in your from today
From your brother Alex
God bless you.