Low sperm count is strongly linked with diets that have too little Zinc and Vitamins. Zinc is very important in the regulation of the male sex hormones, majorly testosterone.
This hormone is essential for the production of sperm. So a deficiency in Zinc, will ultimately lead to a deficiency in sperm.
There is a bountiful array of fruits and vegetables to pick from and enjoy on your way to a stronger fertility.
- Bananas: Bananas contain an enzyme called “Bromeliad” which helps regulate sex hormones. They are packed full of Magnesium, Vitamin B1 and Vitamin C which are building blocks of sperm. Eating a few bananas a week is enough to boost your sperm count.
- Apples: Apples contain Vitamins B and C and have strong antioxidants. They increase sperm count.
- Cashew nuts: Cashew nuts are very rich in Zinc which helps regulate testosterone and boosts sperm count. Eat more cashew nuts for healthier sperm, but moderation is key.
- Oranges: Enriched with Vitamin C and Folic acid, take more oranges to improve your sperm health, motility and production.
- Mangoes: An orange colored fruit rich in beta-carotene that helps maintain healthy sperm in men and will boost sperm count if eaten regularly.
- Carrots: Rich in natural antioxidants in the form of beta-carotene (Vitamin A) and Vitamin B6.
- Sweet potatoes: Sweet potatoes are also very rich in Vitamin A, Vitamin B6 and C. It is such a healthy and tasty food to eat and will assuredly boost your sperm count.
- Pawpaw: Bursting with healthy goodness, it is rich in Vitamin E which is a good contributor to healthy sperm.
- Spinach: It is not very popular in Nigeria but it is one of the best calcium foods and naturally high in folic acid, which is a massive contributor to sperm production.
- Garlic: Garlic is such a strong player in the fertility and health game that I could not leave it out.
- Peanuts: These contain a good amount of Zinc.
- Strawberries: Full of those helpful antioxidants, strawberries are one fruit that anyone trying to make babies should not overlook.
- Avocado: Avocados are packed to the brim with Vitamins E, B6 and Folic acid. It boosts sperm motility and gives sperm the strength to penetrate an egg.
- Almonds: Nuts like almonds and walnuts contain a good amount of L-arginine which has been shown to increase sperm count.
- Walnuts: These nuts are uniquely powerful for replenishing sperm cells because of the polyunsaturated fatty acids that they contain. Some studies have shown that eating as little as 2.5 ounces of walnuts a day could greatly improve male fertility.
Note that you will not turn from sub-fertile to reproductive machine overnight, but given a few months you will discover you are.