10 lessons from Make Your Bed: Little Things That Can Change Your Life…And Maybe the World by Admiral William H. McRaven:
1. Make your bed. It’s a small task, but it sets the tone for the day. When you make your bed, you’re accomplishing something and showing yourself that you’re capable of great things.
2. Don’t give up. You will face challenges in your life, but don’t give up. Keep fighting and eventually you will succeed.
3. Find your purpose. What are you passionate about? What do you want to achieve in your life? Find your purpose and live a life that is aligned with it.
4. Surround yourself with positive people. The people you spend time with have a big impact on your mood and outlook on life. Make sure to surround yourself with people who support you and believe in you.
5. Give back to others. One of the best ways to find happiness is to help others. Find a cause that you’re passionate about and get involved.
6. Never underestimate the power of hard work. Hard work is essential for success. Don’t be afraid to put in the extra effort.
7. Be honest and ethical. Honesty and integrity are essential for building trust and relationships.
8. Don’t be afraid to take risks. If you want to achieve great things, you have to be willing to take risks. Don’t let fear hold you back.
9. Celebrate your successes. No matter how small your accomplishments may seem, celebrate them. This will help you stay motivated and keep moving forward.
10. Never give up on yourself. You are capable of great things. Believe in yourself and your ability to achieve your goals.
Admiral McRaven’s book is a powerful reminder that the small things in life can make a big difference. By following these lessons, you can live a more fulfilling and meaningful life.
Till next week, stay blessed.